Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Miracles

" Focusing on serving our brothers and sisters can guide us to make divine decisions in our daily lives and prepares us to value and love what the Lord loves. In so doing, we witness by our very lives that we are His disciples. When we are engaged in His work we feel His spirit with us. We grow in testimony, faith, trust, and love." - Elder Rasband of the 70. I have been studying this past April conference talks. They are all so amazing. I encourage you all to do the same. I love this quote by Elder Rasband. Especially that serving others can guide us to make divine decisions. Our Heavenly Father loves each of us and he wants us to work together and serve those we come in contact with. :) "Have I done and good in the world today? Have I helped any one in need?" I hope we look for ways to help someone each day. 

Happy Memorial Day Yesterday! Sorry I didnt get to email. but you know the drill, library closed= No emailing. We did have a ward picnic yesterday, they cooked hot dogs and hamburgers. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to have it on a P-day do that we didn't have to worry about what time it was and we could just relax and get to know the members.
Last week, we went fishing at a members pond and I caught the most fish:) You all should be so proud of me. We were with Don (a non-member, but his wife is) He took us and he couldn't believe it. I kept catching them one after the other. but I didn't want to touch the fish once I caught it. So I made him take it off the hook every time. They finally he was like. " You have to take this one off the hook." So I went to touch the fish and I just couldn't do it. He was so gross and slimy. I squealed like a girl, until he just did it for me. ha ha It was a lot of fun though. (im sending a picture home in a letter this week.)
Oh my goodness. Let me just tell you, my allergies have been off the hook. they are out of control. Everything is in bloom and mowing their lawn and my throat wants to die. I have been taking allergy medicine but the kind I have makes me drowsy... ha so I dont know that it really helps me. I walk around like a zombie when I take it.
for about a month now, the ward has been doing a 40 day fast for the missionary efforts in this area. It has been amazing. We have seen several miracles from it already.
First miracle we found a man named Louis. He was awesome, and totally prepared.
Miracle #2 Then our member referred us to her cousin and when we went to see her. She kind of looked like she didnt want us there, but as we talked to her, she opened right up and we taught her the Restoration. she had a lot of good questions and the spirit was so strong. Then as we invited her to be baptized, she started crying and said "yes, I know that you girls were sent here for a reason. You were supposed to  come here today." So I said a prayer with her and she was crying even more, she looked at me as said " Thank you, I could feel God, when you prayed." It was so sweet. 
Miracle #3   In a near by area, they had a baptism and a woman attended that baptism, She lives in our area:) Anyways she talks to a man she works with who is a member in that area and he gives her a Book of Mormon and talks to her for an hour about what we believe. She says she will go home and read the Book of Mormon. This man knows our Mission leader who then told us that she and her family want us to come and teach them because of the spirit she felt at the baptism. 
Miracle #4 A young man in our ward is dating a non-member. He has invited her to church before but she has never wanted anything to do with the church. Well guess who changed her mind?? She did and she showed up to church on Sunday. AND her and her mom came to our ward picnic yesterday.  So if all goes well we will be able to teach them as well.

I am grateful for fasting and prayer! I know it works! I know that this is only some of the miracles that we have seen, and will continue to see!!  I love you all!
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment