Monday, May 19, 2014

Night in the ER‏

"Peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work, it means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart." I love this. It is impossible in this lovely world today to be free from noise, trouble and hard work but we can still find peace, which true and lasting peace comes as we rely on our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Hello family and Friends,
It is crazy how time flies. It seems that I just emailed. Which I did. I have talked to you 3 times in 8 days. ha This week has been good though, we worked on OU this week and it was a lot of fun. I met a ton of awesome people. They are all so cool and I have gotten a ton of phone numbers. ha Don't worry I'm not going to ask them on dates. Just call them to set up appointments. It was great. we met this man from China and he was wonderful. It took me back to Taiwan and how much I love Asia and the people, anyways we started talking to him about the Book of Mormon and he was like "wait you believe in _______" (insert a word that you don't understand) So sister Tueller and I are like um, we don't know what that is.. He apologized and we said it was fine So I start talking about the Book of Mormon and all of the sudden it clicked. He said Jesus. So I stop and I was like did you ask if we believe in Jesus?? He was like yes. Uh absolutely we believe in Jesus. ha I'm glad we figured that out. It would have been bad if we couldn't have clarified that we believe in Christ. ha Language barriers are the best:) Anyways he wants to learn more. I am so excited.
This weekend Sister Tueller has been having abdominal pain. and when it hadn't gone away all of Saturday and started getting worse we went to the ER. We got there about 9 pm and of course its called Emergency Room but no one moves as if there is an emergency. They poked and pried at Sister Tueller, then the doctor came in pushed on her stomach said "does it hurt when I do this." "yes" ok well I think you just have a stomach bug. Here I will write you a prescription for a pain med. 
 and sent us on our way. 9 HOURS LATER. We didn't get out of there until 6 AM. We were so tired and frustrated by the time we left. They didn't fix anything. Our mission doctor doesn't even want her to fill the prescription they gave her. So we are back to square one, but hey we know it isn't her appendix which is good. So now we are sleep deprived and Sister Tueller is still sick. It has been an eventful weekend. However I have been the driver while she is sick so that is weird to drive a car again. It is kind of nice. I like it. Our ward has been so loving and has taken such good care of us though. I have a new gratitude for them, and all that they do for us. They are awesome. They brought us two HUGE boxes of food for us. and last week someone else brought us like 3 bags full of food. and they have been bringing us meals. We have so much food. It is great. we were in no way starving but it is awesome to have full cupboards just in case.
Well I know that it wasnt a lot this week but not much has happened since I email Wednesday. Especially since we have been in this weekend. I love you all. I hope you have a great week.
Love Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment