Thursday, June 5, 2014

Jet packs

Hello Family and Friends.

I love this video. What a powerful message of our Savior Jesus Christ. My testimony is that he lived on this earth, He was the perfect example to each of us. He performed the atonement for us in the garden of Gethsemane, for each of us individually. He knows how we feel and he is there by our side to lift us up and make our burdens light. He was crucified, and was resurrected on the third day. He over came death so that we one day can as well. I know that through him we can have those special relationships with our families and friends in the life to come. He lives today and is the head of our church. He is our Savior, Redeemer and Friend. I love him and I know that it is through him that we can do all things. I hope you each can more fully apply the atonement in our lives.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages/topics/jesus-christ?v=910937379001
Man this week flew by, I have no idea what happened this week either. I feel like the days are starting to run together. We have seen many more miracles! It is awesome. We found a lady named Julie. She is amazing. She let us right in and she introduced us to her daughters who are 12 and 18 years old. We taught them the restoration and talked to her more about who we are and what we believe and she wants to learn more and come to church! um perfect. We love it when things like this happen. It is the best.
Today we had a zone fun day and we went on a hike to a couple of lake/ponds! It was a lot of fun, then we played ultimate frisbee. Besides the fear of running into poison ivy ( which is everywhere in ohio) We saw a water snake, a dead frog, a live frog, a fish and an eagles nest. I would say that is quite the adventure. It was a lot of fun though.
We also have a busy week this week. We are going to be having a zone conference tomorrow, and mini missionaries on Saturday:) Im so excited for mini missionaries. Then we can get twice as much work done in our area, as well as I get the opportunity to help someone decide if a mission is something that I want to do. I know that the sisters in Taiwan really played a big part in me feeling like I could serve a mission and I am so grateful for that because this is where I need to be at this point in my life.
So each week we have conference calls with the sister in our zone. So when we do role call they always have us answer a get to know you question or just something fun. So this week they wanted us to say what we thought they would have at a playground in 600 b.c. When they called on us i was excited, I knew just they answer so I blurt out "a jet pack!!" everyone went silent and then they were like " in 600 B.C.??? Oh ha ha that isnt in the future. ha um embarrassing. Everyone was laughing so I was like I guess they had a stick or something at the playground then. ha so there you have it the most clever sister in the mission. And the award goes to Sister Zwahlen.
I guess that is about all that has happened since the last time I emailed. I love you all and I am grateful for your love support and prayers.
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment