Monday, April 21, 2014

From OU to OSU‏

"When our days become dreary with low hovering clouds and our night become darker than a thousand midnight's, let us remember that God is able to make a way out of no way, and transform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows." Martin Luther King Jr. 

Hello Family and Friends, 

Life is so crazy, and busy all the time. It is wonderful and exhausting all at the same time. That is pretty much the definition of a mission. This last week we had exchanges with our sister training leaders and I was asking them for ideas about campus, and how we can make our time more effective on campus, and they told me that they could suggest me to do exchanges on OSU, since they have been working on OSU way longer than OU and they have a TON of success there. So next Monday till Wednesday I will be on OSU campus with those sisters, so that I can take what I learn and apply it to the OU campus. I am really excited, It is going to be such a good learning experience and I am also excited to use the things I learn on campus.It is going to be wonderful. 

We also had a ward Easter party. It was a lot of fun, They are mostly young families, or young couples, which is really weird but it was a lot of fun, Each table had a different color and then they had different games that we competed in as a table. They competition that Sister Tueller and I had to do was they "Bunny hop" we had to put on bunny ears and they hop in a pillow case across the gym and hand it to our next player. Wow can you imagine us doing this in skirts?? ha ha it was funny, but I think I really helps gain the trust of the members when they see us involved with the ward. So it was good. 

We found a couple investigators this week, they were both old men, I don't know what that means. I am hoping it isn't because we are two young girls. but I didn't get that impression so I don't think so, but One's name is Chris and he opened his door because he thought we were knocking on his door, but really we were at his neighbors looking. The Lord works in a mysterious way. We talked to him for a long time and he told us about his life and how he needs something. So I taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the doorstep and invited him to be baptized. He said, if he came to know it was true that he would. Um perfect!! Just what we need:) So I am excited to go back and teach him. The other man's wife is in the hospital, and he used to fly helicopters in the Vietnam war. He is pretty sweet. We talked to him for like 30 min. and when we were about to leave he put his arms around both of us and said "No you girls be careful out there, I don't know these people and what they are like, and i'm a hillbilly, If they mess with you they have to mess with me, and I will get a rock." ha i love old people they are the best. So no has to worry about us here in the plains we have the hillbilly's on our side.  

Easter was eventful, I gave a talk in sacrament on purity, sang in the ward choir and then we taught the ctr 5 class in primary. It was so much fun. Thanks to the Zwahlen family for their Easter egg lesson. We did that and they loved it. The kids kept saying such funny things. On girl kept saying "well that is awkward." ha ha she is five. and then one boy stuck out his hand like he wanted a high five and when the other boy gave him a high five he was like "NO, I was going to pat you on the back." so the boy turned around and let him pat him on the back. Oh kids say the greatest things. We had dinner with the Pack family and they had their granddaughters there so we got to hid easter eggs for them to find. I was over all a wonderful day topped off with
Cheesecake and Resurrection Rolls. Yum. Cant go wrong with that!! 

Well that was my week. I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful week. 

Love,
Sister Zwahlen



We love our Duck Dynasty in Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment