Monday, April 7, 2014

Athens‏

Hello family and Friends, 

I am now in the area of Athens!! I live in a place called the plains, they say it is the boonies,  but come on now, I just came from Greenfield so I know what the boonies are. I like it so far, but I have my work cut out for me. There have only been sisters here for 4 months and they haven't had any success so far. It is pretty much like opening an area since we are starting from square one, which is great. I am excited to get this area running. I know that the Lord trusts me with this area and that he knows I can help find people. It will be tough, but I am praying more than ever before so that is good, It is teaching me to be more reliant on my Heavenly Father. I am not in Greenfield anymore thats for sure, It is much different, there are young people, and I think they are pretty normal. Also there are wealthy areas here, which will be very different than I am used to. I have to relearn how to do the work, for this area. No worries though. Oh and guess what I am next to OU (ohio university, dont confuse it with OSU, they dont like that) but anyways, I will be working on campus. Strange. Working with people my own age. Its terrifying, but I am excited as well. OU has the rep.for being the party school. "The biggest party school in the Nation" ha so that will be fun to cry repentance. ha 

So now about my companion. My new companion is Sister Tueller, she is 21 and from Shelley, Idaho. She has been on her mission for a year now. We have been in the same zone before and we have been on exchanges with each other as well, so that will be good for us. She is a siliac and a diabetic, so I will have to stay away from my two favorite things "breads and sugars" ha ha it is ok, it will probably be much better for me to do any ways. I like her. We are going to do just fine together. 

It has been a crazy week this last week, packing was a pain. I cant fit everything I have acquired in my suitcases. So that was a problem, I just stuffed everything in a giant garbage sack. ha but it all worked out. Saying goodbye to the Greenfield members was sad, but I didnt cry. I know that I will see them again. Also I just have had such a peace about being transferred. I knew that it was supposed to happen. Normally I would have been nervous about the unknown, but I wasnt:)  I have been meeting some members and doing service, but unfortunately since conference was this weekend, i wasnt able to meet a lot of the members. Conference was wonderful. I am excited to go back and read through the talks again. I cant believe it is already over either. weird.

Oh yea, also please dont send any mail to the Greenfield Address, Send them to the mission office at 19 Clairedan Dr
     Powell, OH 43065
Or at my new apartment at:
36 Poston Rd
The Plains, OH 45780

My neighbors play their tv really loud at night time, so that is unfortunate, but no big deal once I am asleep it doesnt bother me, but sister tueller was telling me he watches scary movies often, ha that will be an adventure. but I guess that is all for right now. Please pray for Sister Tueller and I, we need all the prayers we can get for this area. They were thinking about pulling the sisters from the area, because of they havent had any success. I know that there are people here who are ready, and I know with much faith we can find, teach and baptize. Thank you so much for all the love, prayers and support. I love you all. 

Sister Zwahlen


No comments:

Post a Comment