Monday, October 27, 2014

Adios Athens‏

Family and Friends.
Today I got a phone call from President Daines This is how is goes. 
"Sister Zwahlen, Dont you think that you have been in Athens long enough?"
"uh no?" 
"Well we think so, 5 transfers is enough"
"oh alright"
"We would like to call you as a sister training leader" 
"Oh, I think I could do that"
So anyways. I got the news early and I am leaving Athens. Which has both good and bad feelings. I am sad to leave all my wonderful friends I have made. but I am so excited to have new adventure and meet lots of new people too:)
This weekend was Stake Conference. I love what a member of the 70 said. he says "The Lord is hastening his work, the question is will we keep up with it?" It makes you think about what you do each day and figure out if you can fill it less with the things of the world and more with those things that are going to assist in the Lords Work.
Oh, do you all remember James, he was baptized the end of August? Well funny story. We took a single woman over to his house to help with a lesson before he was baptized. Well they have been hanging out ever since then and they called us this past week and told us the were getting married. Ha they thanked us for changing their lives for the better. So look out everyone, apparently Im a match maker. ha ha we are excited for them.
This past week we also had a table up at OU for LDSSA, so we got to hand out candy and water and tell people all about LDSSA and then go and get all the freebies from all the other clubs:) ha it was really fun. We got shafted to the back corner though so we ended up standing in front of the escalator and talking to all the students who came up ha it was a lot of fun.
Also we did service for a members cousin this week and she is a hoarder. and when I say hoarder I mean it. Its like one of those "that only happens on tv moments." It was really gross and to top it all off she didnt have electricity so is was dark and their were spider webs all around ha It was like a scary movie or a perfect Halloween experience. but you cant judge a service opportunity. She was really nice and embarrassed to have us in her home but she really needed all the help she could get.
Last but not least. We are still teaching Aaliyah, when we met with her she asked " how will i know if I get an answer to my prayer?" uhh ok that shows that we didnt do the best job of teaching, but it was perfect because we got to ask her about how she has felt since meeting with us and how she feels when she reads the book of mormon. It was awesome, she got to teach her self how to recognize the Holy Ghost. I am excited for her and I hope I can come back to her baptism!! Well I guess that is all that I have for this week!!
I will be able to email you next week to let you know where I am transferred to! Love you all!

Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment