Thursday, August 7, 2014

Athens Again..‏

Hello Family and Friends. 
" Unless we lose ourselves in service for others, there is little purpose to our own lives." -President Monson
I am not being transferred, Im staying in Athens. Sister Tueller is being transferred though. Sunday night I got a call from President Daines and I he told me that I am going to be training a new missionary this next transfer:) I am so excited to get to train!! I had to do a member split on Monday (So I go with a member and sister Tueller goes with a different member) because I got to go to a special training at the mission home with the Daines and the other trainers. So I was in Powell most of the day. It was a lot of fun. I am very grateful for this opportunity to train, I feel like I can serve more fully. Also this means I get to be the DD or the Designated Driver and a Senior Companion. Neither of which I have been on my mission. I am so grateful for change.
Ok Enough about that!! Saturday Paul was baptized!! He seriously is one of the greatest people I have ever met, He is what people call " A Golden Investigator" He even asked us about home teaching and when he will know who his partner will be and who he visits. How many times have you heard that?? Why do none of the rest of us get excited to do your home or visiting teaching?? Then Sunday, He was confirmed and received the aaronic Priesthood. I have to come back in a year to see him go to the temple!!  I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. and we watched this really good mormon message...http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3701964025001.. You should all check it out! its really good! 


James is still doing so well. He committed to being baptized on Aug 30th. He went from a, I will if I know its true to a I want to be baptized that day. We have also been teaching his fiance Tonya and she wants to be baptized as well. A miracle happened with them as well. We had been praying about them and how to teach the law of Chastity to them. (since they are living together) So at our next lesson we were just asking them about baptism and they were like. yea, We are getting married earlier in the month as well. So August is going to be very eventful! What a blessing. They dont have a lot of money so we are trying to help them have a wedding at the church. So we now are going to be planning a wedding as well as a baptism. Another reason, I am grateful to stay here to help them!! I am really seeing the blessings come. I love it. It makes everything that has been hard the last couple transfers so worth it!!

Today we had a zone fun day and we went bowling! It was a lot of fun! I havent been bowling for ever. Well I cant really remember any thing else that happened this last week and a half! I will email it to you on Monday if I think of anything between now and then!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment