Monday, July 28, 2014

Grandma is fine..‏

Hello Family and Friends,
Transfers are next week, so I will not be emailing until Wednesday next week. 

I hope you all had a wonderful 24th of July. I cannot believe that July is almost over. It is crazy how fast time flies. I am almost at my year mark! AHH This week has been really good. We had interviews with President and Sister Daines. We had about 30 min with each of them. They are wonderful. I had such a good time getting to talk to them and get to know them. We had some good laughs about me praying for mountains to climb but trying to pick my mountains . I like to say "asking for ohio mountains" (which for those of you who dont know are hills)  My prayers go something like this "Heavenly Father, please give me mountains to climb, but something that I can handle, not too hard, and please dont let anyone die. I dont want that mountain. Oh and please let my health be good." Ha as I was talking about it with sister Daines, we got the biggest laugh out of how silly I sounded. I really had prayed that way and I hadn't realized how silly I sounded until I was sharing it. ha ha but he answered my prayers. there have been mountains for me this area. Which I am grateful for because I can see my growth and talents that I am developing because of them.
Also when I get into interviews with president he has a paper with my picture and the areas I have served in. Ha he looked at me and was like " you have only been in two areas your whole mission???" Uhh yes. ha ha He told me I was one of the lucky ones. but he also made me feel like he was going to have to change that. it will be interesting to see what happens next week. but pray for some sort of change ha
Ok so Im sure you are wondering about the title of this email. This is our the plains funny moment for the week. We were driving down the street and we see a woman crying. So we turn around and pull up next to her. We ask if everything is ok and this is how it goes...

I just saw a smashed dog on the side of the road, it makes me feel so sad when that happens. I always tie up my dogs, I dont understand why others dont.
Oh no we are so sorry, is there anything we can do for you? 
(tears stop immediately)
Do you have any food? (big toothless smile as the smell of alcohol drifts into the car)
No, sorry
Do you have any money? 
We are sorry we don't.
Well Grandma will be fine then. 
And she walked off. So we drive past where she was crying and there laid the dead dog.. Wait no that is a skunk. We thought it was so funny that she was crying over the dead skunk and then it went on and on about how we hate when people forget to tie up their skunks. ha ha  It is terrible of us to make fun of people who arent quite sober, but sometimes their logic just isnt there.
I cant remember if I told you all about James, but he is awesome and he came to church again this week and he is going to bring his girlfriend to our next lesson. So that should be great! Hopefully we can get them married and then baptized. Paul is still getting baptized this weekend. I am so excited for him! I will send pictures this next week. I am grateful for my mission and the growth that I have seen in myself. I couldnt ask to be any where better right now!! I am grateful to all of you for your love and support! Thank you! 
Love Sister Zwahlen

Our church has a sign :)









No comments:

Post a Comment