Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ebola‏


Hello Family and Friends,
"Each of us must stay in condition to respond to inspiration and the promptings of the holy Ghost the Lord has a way of pouring pure intelligence into our minds to prompt us, to guide us, to teach us and to warn us. Each son or daughter of God can know the things they need to know instantly. Learn to receive and act on inspiration and revelation." -President Packer

It has been an awesome last half of the week!! Wedensday was a long one, of helping Sister Tueller pack up all of her stuff, and when I say that I mean, she has SO MUCH. ha ha we were up till 1:30 getting everything ready. Then I had to be at transfers early for training. So we had to leave around 6:45 in the morning. Once we got there we had a meeting with all the new missionaries, they all looked around at us trying to figure out who would be their trainer and we all looked at them trying to guess who we would train... but we had to just sit in a tiny room for a couple hours not knowing. This was one of the biggest transfers over 3/4th of the mission was there. I was so happy to see so many of the Sisters. Then comes time for the transfer meeting:) 

My new companion is Sister Bassett from Colorado. She is 19, and she is wonderful. we have a lot of fun together. I also and noticing how good I am at throwing so much information at her that its overwhelming. Ha I am trying to learn to take it slow. She is really good though. and she couldnt be in a better area, you get both the small town work but also the college campus aspect of the work as well. It really is a great, and I am a lot less stressed having her here!  She has been a little sick lately and she was telling a member her symptoms and the member was like " OH no you have EBOLA. There is an outbreak in Africa!!" and I was like "oh yea we just had two missionaries transferred to this mission at transfers. We all started freaking out because we were SURE that she had it. ha then the daughter of the member asked what the cure was and the member in the most doomed voice says "THERE IS NO CURE" ha ha we all were laughing so hard by the end as well as freaked out because what if Sister Bassett has it. She doesnt she most likely just has a cold. 

Any ways, we are excited James is on date officially for Aug 30th. I am so excited for him. He loves church and is so excited to get baptized! His fiance, isnt quite at that level yet. but we will get her there by then! 

I guess that is about all that has happened between now and last time I emailed. Everything is good. I know that a lot of you thought I would be transferred, but all I needed was some sort of change and now that there was change I am so happy to be here in this area! I am feeling so blessed. I love this work. I cant tell you the Joy that comes from serving my Savior, through serving the people of Ohio!! Thank you so much for your love and support!! Love you all.
Sister Zwahlen
Sister Malloy at transfers

District fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment