Monday, November 17, 2014

The First Snow...

Family and Friends,

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love."  President Thomas S. Monson




This week was wonderful as most always!! This morning we woke up to a wonderful, chilly, white, cold blanket of snow.. It is beautiful, and terrible. I have mixed feelings about the snow and the cold. Especially as a missionary, but that is just life. We move on and put on lots of layers to stay warm. 



This week has flown by, I will apologize now, this might be a short email seeing as how I dont remember a lot that has happened this week. First off this week we did service for a part member family, we were helping them put leaves into bags, and they had at least 20 huge bags full! It was fun. Our elders were also there helping and I was looking at the ground and all of the sudden I saw something moving. It was a baby mole!! It was gross looking so, maybe I made a big deal about seeing it. So of course the 18 year old elder thinks that it is fun to play with and he starts picking it up with the rake and throwing it at us!! That mole got so close to hitting us several times...only funny now that it is over. The other elder took the rake and killed it. so that was unfortunate. Ha anyways, service is always eventful.

We found this wonderful 86 year old woman and we talked to her for a long time and talked about how we can find peace through our Savior. It was really great! We set up a time to meet with her and we were so excited!! Then that night we got a call from her daughter. This is how it went....
"Hello, are you Mormons?" 
"yes" 
"Well you met my mom today and we are Christians so we dont need you to come by, also I think it is very wrong of you to be passing out pictures of Christ when you dont believe in Christ as our Savior. Its misleading." 
"Oh no ma'am, we believe that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, the son of God."
"That isn't what Ive heard, don't come tomorrow." click
Hmm so sad. I just wish that she would have listened to know what we really believe. Oh well such is life.
Sister Zwahlen, Sister Burningham
& Steven at his baptism

The great news for the week though, Is that Steven got baptized!! Yay! It was such a spiritual experience, more so than other baptisms I have attended. As Steven bore his testimony after his baptism, I know that the spirit was able to help all those in the room understand and feel of his testimony (he is from Vietnam so it is sometimes hard to understand him). He then for the first time prayed in front of a group of people. What an amazing experience for him,and for us!! Then Bishop got up and he welcomed Steven and shared a scripture! It was such a spiritual experience. I love this work and seeing others come unto Christ. There is nothing better!! 


Also our ward mission leader brought a "Happy Re-birthday cake." Ha I thought it was so funny!! I never would have thought of it! 

Well that was my week! I love you all!! Have a great week!!
Sister Zwahlen

The Great Columbus East Zone










No comments:

Post a Comment