Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Bugs!

"Where there is gratitude there is humility."- President Hinckley I love this quote and how fitting for the month of November huh? I am so thankful for everything that I have in my life. How blessed I truly am to be here in Ohio, doing the Lords work.
This week has been so great!! It started off with my first Mission Leadership Council. It was a lot of fun! It is neat to see how the leadership knows things, a lot better than the other missionaries. It is one of those things where I guess all the information doesn't quite get transferred down. I wonder what I have missed these past 15 months ha
So we have seen so many miracles this week! Something that never ceases to amaze me is the Lords hand in ALL things. This week there have been so many opportunities, people have been placed in our path who have been willing to listen and were receptive to our message! We met a guy named Kenny. We met him in a parking lot.We said hi to him and kept walking and the spirit was like "go talk to him!" So I turned around and we started to talk to him!  We were able to teach him the Restoration. It was really great! He wants to learn more. Im excited to meet with him again. Then that same day we contacted a referral that a member gave us and He said he didnt even know the family ha but anyways, we talked to him for a long time and he told us that he wanted a church that taught about being healthy and taking care of our bodies. So we taught a little bit of the word of wisdom! WE normally wouldnt do that on the first contact, but it was perfect then he says " I have yet to find a church where the members speak instead of the pastor getting up each week." Well sir let us tell you about our services ha ha it was perfect everything he talked about, we were able to teach him! it was great!! 
Then we taught a lady named Nikki, she is going through a really rough time right now and struggling to be patient and know that God is there and loves her. We were able to testify that He loved her and that he was aware of her situation. I went to flip to a scripture but it opened to one that talked about having patience in our afflictions. It was so inspired and the spirit was so strong! 
Also our investigator Steven is getting baptized this Saturday. He is so funny and we still only understand about 80% of what he is saying ha I got to sit next to him in sacrament meeting and when he sings he sings really high pitched and its not a normal sound ha ha it is so funny. Its hard to sing without laughing.
This week I was also able to go on my first exchange! It was so fun! I love exchanges, I always get to learn from other sisters! I hope they feel like they learn from me as well. What a blessing it is to serve these sisters! They are so amazing. I feel like being a leader is not because they need me, but truly that I need them!
Ok so let me just tell you of some horror stories this week. First we went into someones home and there were bugs everywhere. like on the walls and countertops and flying around. I saw at least 3 different types of bugs. Different shapes, sizes and colors. EEEP it was terrifying. We were itchy when we left. Mostly because it freaked us out so bad!! Sister Burningham got me good. I was itching my neck and she was like " OH my gosh, what is that. I screamed so loud and started brushing all of my body off." She started laughing so hard. all jokes but even telling this story I am starting to itch. ew. sanitation is the best! Lets keep it clean people! 
Ok last one. We were street contacting and we met a Hispanic man. So sister Burningham tried to talk to him in her few words of spanish she knew. but he wasnt understanding so she puts out her hand to shake his and next thing I know he is going in for a kiss. She screamed and jumped back and I stood there shocked at what had just happened. I was like watching a slow motion horror movie. poor sister Burningham! We get the greatest laugh out of it now. 
Also as sisters in our zone, we send in awkward moments when we have them. That moment won this week for sure!! ha Life is good!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!
Love,
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment