Monday, September 22, 2014

Hair Cuts‏


Ha




"As the risen Savior, He is this day and forever the Light of the World. It is He who invitesus to come unto Him and serve Him, without delay. His encouragement to you and to meis this: “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.” 5 
It is hard to know when we have done enough for the Atonement to change our naturesand so qualify us for eternal life. And we don’t know how many days we will have to givethe service necessary for that mighty change to come" - President Eyring "This Day" 

Hello Family and Friends.

I will apologize in advance, This email is going to be really short this week. Not much has happened between now and this past Wednesday! 
Wednesday, I went to the bishops wife to get my bangs cut... She started cutting them and then she was like ooops, they are kind of short.. Oh great! ha so they are a little short and kind of thick. I have never been so grateful for time! I need them to grow out a little bit. anyways she proceeds to tell me that she needs to "trim" my hair. I told her she could be 1/2 and inch was all. She cut it all off. All of it. Im bald. Just kidding but she cut it to where it was when I left. All that hard work growing my hair out was for nothing ha moral of the story is NEVER to let someone besides Aunt Barbara or Lacey cut my hair. Although I still love Sister Jarvis. and it doesnt look bad, its just not exactly what I wanted. 
We met this guy named Scott this week and he said that he used to be a street fighter to make money for his family. He was pretty funny, We were with one of our members and she is the most kind hearted woman I have ever met. She told him that he should only smother people if necessary. Sister Bassett and I started laughing because it was so unlike her. The bad news is that we went back to see him later in the week and he had moved out. Good news we set up an appointment with the woman that was there instead. Other good news. We found Scott hanging out in the Plains. Bad news he told us that he got kicked out of his place because he smashed a guys face in with a brick. Good news he said he would come to church. ha ha now as I type this story out I am starting to see some red flags ha ha Oh the people you meet on your mission!! 
Peter was out of town this week so we werent able to meet with him. I hope that we will get to meet with him this next week. He has so much potential. I am excited to see him again. Work here is slow, like always. But it is still so worth it. I know that there are so many here that are just waiting to hear the gospel! We just have to be led to them:) Well I love you all. I hope you have a great week!! 
Love,
Sister Zwahlen
Sister Bassett and I riding our bikes around town



No comments:

Post a Comment