Monday, February 24, 2014

I knew you long before you were born

"Just when all seems to be going just right challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow." Elder Richard G. Scott. I love this quote. I haven't been going through any major trials, in fact I really haven't had any major trials in my life, so I guess the Lord doesn't feel that I need to grow. Ha just kidding. I think that for me personally, I learn from others. Sister Love has had 3 deaths of friends back at home within the last couple of weeks and it really has been hard for her. She is amazing though. I get to see her grow, but also through her experiences I am learning how to be more compassionate, and how to reach out to those in need and truly do as the scriptures say to "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort."  Those trials and hard times we go through in our lives are a blessing, and a way for us to grow, to rely on our Heavenly Father and to exercise the power of the Atonement in our lives.
Man, I could go on for days. I love this work. "How great is my calling." I feel so blessed everyday. In fact you have never seen a prettier sunset than here, and you have never seen a more beautiful night sky. I look up every night and I am just amazed. (Sorry Anna, I know that you said that the sky in Arizona is beautiful, but you can't beat an Ohio country night sky. :) )
There isnt much to talk about this week. Since I just emailed Wednesday and nothing in Greenfield has really changed. However, we had AJ and Ashley and their kids at church on Sunday!! yay! It was a perfect Sunday to have them come. We had a member from the High Council come and speak on Grace and Faith. It was perfect, it just reinforced exactly what we had taught them earlier in the week. When the family walked in, it was like they always had been there. They looked like a Mormon family already! Ahh I am so excited for them.
Also we had Freddy come to church. He is wonderful. He was so nervous about coming, he thought that everyone was going to judge him, but everyone was so welcoming and friendly.
I have high hopes for this transfer and I know that we are going to be able to bring many into the waters of baptism. Including Ashley and her family. Alma right now is on date to be baptized on the 8th of March. Please keep her in your prayers, that she will be about to comprehend all that she needs to by that date.
Also, we got a new Elder in the branch this week. He is super awkward. ha I met him as we were helping a member move. This is how the first time meeting him went. 
"Hi, I'm Sister Zwahlen."
"Oh, I knew you LONNNGG before you were born."
"uh, that is really creepy"
(I grab a box and walk away)
"I meant in the pre-earth life" (said as I am walking away)
So um that was weird. Sister Love said that he looked really confused as to why that was creepy of him to say, and so she told him not to worry about it, I just say things like that all the time. Its true, I do. I am not going to lie. Anyways It is kind of exciting. It gives us things to laugh about. Ha
Well I guess that is about all that has happened this week. I am grateful to all of you. Have a great week. Happy Birthday to Kasey!!
All my Love,
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment