Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Freddy Kruger

Family and Friends,
We are still waiting on the good ole transfer calls. I have no idea what is going to happen. I wouldnt be surprised if I got transferred, I am really calm, which is surprising since I am normally really nervous. I just have a strong testimony that I will be put where I am needed. I have complete trust in my Heavenly Father and his plan for me.  Update. We just got the call, and we are both staying in Greenfield. Again... ha ha well I guess I will just stay here my whole mission with Sister Love:) I am not so sure how excited she is to be stuck with me again..
This last week, we were able to host an exchange with a couple of sisters. It was so much fun. I love being able to learn from other people. Everyone has such a different way of doing missionary work. I love seeing how others do different things and then apply the things I think work well for me. Sister Love and I have been teaching this man named Freddie and he is awesome, he has had a really rough past but he wants to change and recognizes that in his life. Anyways from the moment I met him I have been calling him Freddy Kruger(not to his face) but anyways we were looking at our sex offenders list and guess who is on there?? Freddy, I knew I called him that for a reason. ha just kidding we are still going to teach him. We will just be careful. He is old and harmless. I like him. He has elvis all over his apartment and he just sits there and talks and forgets to breath. So that is unfortunate but its ok.
We got to meet with the family we are teaching. They are so wonderful. The mom Ashley, has been reading the easy picture book reader of the Book of Mormon with her kids and they have been having big long conversations about what they are reading. When we went to visit them, she asked us if it was normal to get the chills when reading the Book of Mormon.. uhh yea!! That is the Holy Ghost. She is awesome and she just keeps telling us that she cant stop smiling. It is really amazing to see how much they are progressing. Their little boy has been really sick so they havent made it to church yet, but I know that they will this week. I have faith.
Also this week we watched "On the Lords Errand" the movie about President Monson. Oh  my goodness it is so good!! Everyone needs to watch it if they havent already. What a testimony of our living day prophet.
I hope you all had a great Valentines Day this past week.
Thank you so much for all the letters!! Especially thank you to My family for the goodies and the tights they are so nice.. Except get this. This week the weather has been in the 50's it is so nice. I cant believe it. We upgraded from our heavy winter coats to our lighter coats.

Well this week really hasnt been all that exciting. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love,
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment