Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm an Aunt!!‏

Congrats to Kasey and Korin! I am so excited for them, terribly sad that I cant be there to meet him but that is ok. I knew that I would have to make sacrifices to serve a mission. This week has been a reminder of how much we are asked to sacrifice in life, but how worth it life is when we do. I am so grateful to be here on my mission and I know that It is where I need to be, plus, I will be there when they have their other babies:) Oh I and I think he looks like me! Ha just kidding I dont know who he looks like yet but Korins eyes and Kasey Hair, and Aunt Ashley's Good looks!
So this week has been another slow one. It is so hard to go out and work when you dont feel motivated to go freeze your toes off, and no one else wants to talk to you in the cold so they just dont answer their doors. ha it is a struggle but life happens, and we rely on the Lord and know that he has a plan, and will lead us to whoever he needs us to.
Yesterday, I was supposed to give a talk on "home management" in sacrament meeting. Ironic huh, since I have never owned a home or had to manage one. but anyways I was just praying that I would be able to give a talk that would be somewhat helpful and spiritual and then. Church got cancelled because of the "weather". I think really it was because Heavenly Father didnt want the branch to be so bored in sacrament meeting. Ha just kidding but it was an answer to prayers. We were able to go to the Borsini's and have a little sacrament meeting with them, so I was able to share a little bit of my talk. and it was nice to have a baby church meeting.
The Squirrel in our house is still there.. unfortunately, he is dead somewhere and making our house smell sick. I will have to send home the video I have of him trying to get out of our heat vent. It is so gross you can see his little paws and nose stick up trying to find and escape. We were really hoping he would go and get in the trap so we could just move him out of our house but he decided to be stubborn and die in our walls somewhere. Too bad.
We are teaching a 19 year old girl right now, her name is Alma. Perfect name right? Well we have extended a baptism day of Feb 15th so hopefully we can keep working with her so that she can be baptized. She is wonderful and invites all different people to church each week. It is awesome. She comes from a really sad, poor situation. I makes me so grateful for all the blessings I have, and the knowledge I have of washing my clothes and taking care of myself and my things. Before I got my mission call, I would pray that I would be sent somewhere that I would be able to serve the people. In my mind that was the sneaky way of asking Heavenly Father to send me to a 3rd world country or something. I dont know how I got the logic of only poor countries need to be served, but I did. I am realizing that my prayers were answered. There are so many here who need help, who can be served, and who come from very humble situations. We can serve people where ever we are. Duh Ashley. Of course we can.
I love all of you and I am so grateful to have you all in my life. Thanks for all the love and support. Have a great week.
Love,
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment