Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Years!!‏

"Humility is not a sign of weakness; it is a sign of spiritual strength." I love that. Sometimes we think being dependent is a sign of weakness, (at least I do) however, as we are dependent on our Heavenly Father in our lives it truly is a sign of strength. My New Years Resolution is to be more humble and pray more sincerely. I encourage you all to make New Years Resolutions that are spiritual, and will help you grow.
This past week has been wonderful! Christmas was so fun to skype the family. Even though I sometimes think skype is awkward when you don't know what to say. but that is ok. I could probably just sit there and let you talk, but you all wanted the opposite. ha
So Saturday, Samantha was baptized and that was amazing!! She was so nervous but you can see the difference now. She wants to start to prepare for a mission now. She is only 16 but she made it one of her goals. For the baptism it was family only, and then lots of missionaries that have helped teach Samantha. Afterwards they took us all to dinner at one of the only restaurants in Greenfield call "three spoons" so that was the picture you saw mom. Miracles happen!! It is amazing to see how blessed I have been this past year as I prepared for a mission and now that I am here. Everything just has fallen into place how it was supposed to. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and when we follow that plan we are going to find the most happiness...
Yesterday in Church The Elders and Us, gave the talks in Sacrament, about what inspired us to serve missions and what we had learned since we had been out. Everyone said they loved hearing from us. but i'm pretty sure my talk was jumbled. but I still get so nervous speaking that I don't even know what I said ha
Today we are going to be going to Bainbridge to get an Amish Pretzel sandwich! Yum im so excited it is like pure heaven to be with the Amish people! ha Oh and our landlord is putting hardwood floor in our dining room and kitchen today!! Yay!
Well I know that this is short but that is really about all that has happened especially since I talked to you just a half a week ago. Just a reminder Transfers is next week and so my P-day will be on the 8th and not on Monday!! Thank you to everyone who sent cards and packages. They were wonderful. I am working to write everyone back but it may take awhile. I did get a letter this week from Bob and Vicky West and the envelop was so torn up they had to rubber band it onto the card ha ha it was really funny to get. I love you all. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a Happy New Year.
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment