Monday, December 16, 2013

Chester

Family and Friends,
"In a world ever more dangerous.. The Book of Mormon: Another Testiment of Jesus Christ has the nourishing power to heal starving spirits of the world." President Packer. As sister Love and I read 10 pages from the Book of Mormon, i had seen this in my own life, we may not have a lot to "heal" but it is making a HUGE difference in our relationship with each other and those we teach. I have also seen how the Book of Mormon helps those who are in a time of trial or in need of help in there life.  I was talking to Roy this week about what change he has seen in his life since he started reading the Book of Mormon and his response was that his life feels balanced. Simple but so true as we accept our Heavenly Fathers will our life is going to balance out and everything will work out for the good. 

Hello from a White day in Greenfield. It has been snowing all this last week. It is kind of fun. I like the snow, and we have enough miles on our car right now to drive so it isnt bad... when we run out of miles though.... uh that will be a sad day.
Last Monday, we were at the computer lab and I mentioned to Grandma my email to her that I was sitting next to a man who smelled like pickles and was talking to himself. (Im still working on the not judging people) Anyways. This man started talking to me and I was trying to help him put a picture on his computer from his phone. We he started asking what church we were from and asking where it was because he might like to come. Excellent, missionary dream come true... We got his address and gave him the address to the church and left. Well Later that day we got a call from our Branch President, telling us to stay away from him. Apparently, this guy went up to some people asking where the church was and saying  really vulgar things about me, and telling them how he was going to "get me". Needless to say we are not going to see him. And we went and found pepper spray, and there he was at the store we went to. Ahh scary, and now here I sit at the Library and who is sitting next to me? Him. Yes We call him Chester, because it was the scariest name I could come up with. But the reason I tell you this story is not to worry you. It was a testimony to me of how aware my Heavenly Father is of me. Turns out he walked up to random people to talk to and it was a husband of one of our members, so they knew how to warn us of what had happened. I am so grateful. We probably would have gone to visit him and we could have gotten our self in a really scary situation. I also was able to get a priesthood blessing from a member, for protection and comfort. I normally would have freaked out(and I might have for a couple hours) but I now feel very safe. I know it is because of the blessing and that I am being protected, not only from the Holy Ghost, but also from our members. Please pray for Sister Love and my safety, we could really use it:)
This week we have been teaching a lady named Kara and her family, They are wonderful and I love them, There are like 12 people living in this house and it is so much fun to go there. And also we are teaching a 13 year old girl, who is going through a really hard time in her life right now. Oh and a miracle this week is we were able to get Samantha on date for this month! Yay we are so excited. She is the only one we have with a baptism date, but we are working on Kara and Gaby for January.
This week has been a really good one. Of course I cant remember what has happened but I remember it was good, and kind of scary ha, but thank you for the packages, I am loving the 12 days of Christmas, it is so fun to read a letter each day, Today was my favorite to read about John Zwahlen. I never really knew much about my ancestors and I never really felt a connection to them but today as I was reading his conversion story, I did. What a blessing and how grateful I am.
I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve a mission, I know that I was prepared for this time in my life. Some days I feel like I could be the Elders Mother, but I know that I needed to come at this time and not when I was 19 or even when I was 21. I love you all and I am so grateful to all of you! I love you and I pray for you.
Love ,
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment