Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving‏

Hello Family and Friends,
"We must develop the capacity to see men, not as they are at the present but as they may become." -President Monson
Everyone is a child of our Heavenly Father and each and every person no matter what mistakes they have made, have the CHOICE to become something great. Lets be honest, I judge, people bother me.. Im working on it but here more than ever I am starting to see people and the potential they have. I love the people of Greenfield, in fact I was at the Halls  ( a members) house, and I love them, They are like my adopted family, but she prayed and by the end of her prayer I was in tears. I am so nervous for transfers and we haven't gotten the call yet. I dont know how to leave these people. Hopefully I wont have to. Anyways. AHHHH WE just got the call and WE are staying in Greenfield!! Yay!! :)

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving this week.  How blessed we are and how much we have to be grateful for!! I never realized how amazing it is to have such a wonderful family. I didn't know it was so rare to have a complete family. So many here, and companions as well don't have that in their life. I am so grateful to have each of you in my life, your prayers, letters, and support mean the world to me!
This week has been pretty uneventful but we did have our branch talent show. It was a lot of fun and Reynold came!! Ahhh what a huge step to have him come, next step is church. I know he will come eventually, he just is going to need some time to get there. Oh so at the talent Show us sisters and the Elders and then Brett, who is a 16 year old boy from our branch, did the thing where you flip upside down and glue eyes on your chin and sing a song ha ha it was funny. I will have to send pictures and videos to you so you know what I am talking about!!

 Also we have been teaching a woman named Cynnie, I cant remember If i have told you about here, but she is wonderful. I had a really neat experience, We were sitting in her small, smoke filled house and I got the prompting to tell her about the atonement and how it isn't just for the sins or mistakes that we have, Christ also has felt every doubt, sadness, and hard time. Cynnie has been through a lot in her life and she blames herself for things that have happened to her. I know that as we continue to see her that she will have the desire to quit smoking and be baptized. She knows it is true and she has seen the joy that comes from coming to church and reading her scriptures. man oh man do I love her!! She even got us Christmas presents!! Yay!! It is a cross bracelet ha ha. People have a lot crosses here! Even if they are LDS ha  they have them everywhere in there homes, its kind of weird to me.
Oh and guess what Sister Love and I got 33 member referrals this week. Which is way way high!! President Nilsen almost fell off his chair and died when he heard that we have gotten 53 referrals in two weeks.  He wants to implement what we are doing throughout the mission. Neat huh? We are still continuing to have success in Greenfield and we are being so blessed!!
Man I know that this is a lame email. Nothing really happened this week so I guess that is it. Can you believe December is a week away!! Man where has the time gone. I will be home before you know it!!
Love you all
Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment