Monday, January 26, 2015

I shook his hand...‏

“Only faith that He suffered for our sakes will give us the strength to endure to the end.”—Elder Robert D. Hales,

Well family, your theory was half right.. Ha I am staying in Westerville, which in mission language means I will "die " Here. Sister Burningham got transferred and my new companion is Sister Parkes! She is wonderful! I love her already! She is 19 from Rigby Idaho. She has been on her mission for 10 months now. She is really tall and like to play volleyball. She is great! So that is nice. 

It is weird going into your last transfer. I was fine and now all of the sudden I have become emotional. Whenever we watch a mormon message I cry. 1st because I am going to be so sad when I dont get to be a full time missionary anymore and second because THIS IS MY LAST TRANSFER!! It is scary! ha 

This week has been awesome. I accompanied the Elders in our ward in sacrament meeting with the flute. It was really good.
Me and my new companion Sister Parkes
our "OH MY GOODNESS WE JUST SHOOK AN APOSTLES HAND" picture!
Also Elder Christofferson came last night for a missionary fireside!! It was perfect. I got to sing in the missionary choir. AND I got to shake His hand.
 It was sweet!! It is so amazing how strong the spirit is when an apostle speaks! He talked about baptism and not waiting to receive the blessings that can come from it. It was perfect for our investigator Gail!! 

Also we are still teaching the 12 year old girl and she is working to be baptized on the 28th of February. We are also hoping to have Gail be baptized in February... Well that is my hope since I can only be here if it is in February. ha ha 
Well life is good my family and friends. I hope that all is well at home. It snowed last night and the roads are slippery here. at the beginning of the week when we were exercising outside i slipped on black ice. I have a bruises all up and down my hip and knee ha it is fine though that is life:) 

love you all
Sister Zwahlen 

No comments:

Post a Comment