Friday, August 30, 2013

Sister Training Leader

Hey Family and Friends,

First off thanks so much for all the Emails and letters. That's what I'm talking about:) Its nice to hear from all of you, However I dont have time to email everyone back so I will be trying to write you back instead. If I don't get to emailing you back please forgive me. Also I got a package from the Stokes! Tell them THANKS!! That was so sweet of them. This week has been crazy!! I have been so busy because I have been called as the Sister Training Leader, so basically I just make sure the girls are ok and im like their mother. Its really stressful. I have had meeting after meeting and then I get back to my room to find out sisters are wanting to go home, or they arent getting along with their companion. Its a little stressful, but so rewarding. I cant even tell you how much my zone has become like my family. Especially the Sisters! They are amazing and I love them and care about each one of them. Also as part of my calling I got to do an orientation with the zone leaders to welcome the new district to the MTC. In the new district their is an Elder Maybee, who says he knows Emily and Sam, small world huh? 

Can I just say the MTC is such an amazing place, I cant even believe how much I have grown. We have two investigators one is Michelle and ones name is Maria. We almost got Maria to commit to baptism, but no luck yet. I wanted to tell you about my experience with Michelle. We went in with a lesson plan and as we taught the spirit was so strong and our lesson ended up being completely different. Sister Woodward and I were truly led by the spirit, how we should teach. It was  so amazing. I still get way nervous to teach but once im teaching and the spirit is there, I am so calm and the things I need to say just come to my mind. I am getting way excited to get out to Ohio and teach teach teach!! Oh and I got an email from the mission office that said they hadnt received my paper work. so if you get another packet will you please resend what you can?? Thank you. 

On tuesday we had a devotional at the Marriot Center and Neil L Anderson was the speaker. I loved his talk and he said "While on your mission put the "I" away!" I love that and im learning that it is never about me. When I serve those around me, I forget all about myself and that is when I am closest to the spirit. This gospel is amazing!! ahh I love it and I cant wait to share it. Anyways on the way back from the devotional it was pouring rain so pretty much we were soaking wet and then Sister Woodward lost her key so we went back searching for it. Lets just say I wasn't pretty by the time we got back to class.. and LATE. As we walked into class a member of our branch presidency was in our class. I was embarrassed. Im sure they are regretting their decision to make me Sister Training Leader. Oh and I almost forgot us Sister in our district all sang in the Choir for the devotional and guess what?? It was being broadcast to the other MTCs around the world, guess who got a close up of them selves several times as they were singing. Yep, Me!! I guess you could say I'm pretty famous here!! haha just kidding just kidding. 

Can you believe i am more than half way done with the MTC?? I leave in like 5 days!! its crazy. 

Last week my whole district got stuck in the elevator for a couple hours. Elder, Elder Elder. They decided it would be fun to jump. Now they know what happens with that!! Lucky for me I was at a meeting so I didn't get stuck, which is good because I wouldnt have been able to stand being stuck with some of our Elders for that long! Dont get me wrong I love them and we all have a lot of fun but sometimes they are stupid and frustrating. 

Also I got to go to the temple this morning. It was wonderful as usual! I love the temple and I am going to miss going! I met a Lady in the Temple who was talking to me about her mission and she looked at her name and they were from Ohio. she leaned over and said " looks like we are doing work for Ohio on both sides of the veil! ahh how cool is that!! I loved that! I'm so excited to bring people to Christ! It doesn't get much better than this! Time is flying by and Im loving every minute. 
I guess I am lame and I always forget to what I want to tell you. So sorry its a lame email. but I love you all. I will leave you with advice, DEAR ELDER!! I love it. I can get them everyday so then I don't have to wait till my p-day to get mail. Which I wont have anymore of here at the MTC Anyways!!

Love you All

Sister Zwahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment